Saturday, August 15, 2009

Why People Go Camping

I'm not what you'd call the outdoorsy type. I wasn't a Girl Scout and I don't own a tent. Nevertheless, I agreed to spend the day with some friends at their campground today. We had a good time playing games, sharing a potluck lunch and just sitting around talking.

I think I'm starting to understand why people go camping. Everybody was relaxed because there were no tight schedules to follow. The casual and comfortable surroundings invited people to slow down and take a break from phones, television and the Internet. Instead, the focus was on having face-to-face conversations and sharing some laughs. That kind of environment is good for nurturing relationships. I think that's why people go camping. Well, that and the s'mores. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment