Thursday, August 6, 2009

Something Extra in the Soup

Now and then, my creativity spills over into the kitchen, with varying results.

I made homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday to use up some assorted leftovers. I had leftover ground turkey (not chicken, but close enough), carrots, celery, egg noodles and chicken broth. That's soup! But wait -- I wasn't done yet. I was looking for a way to use up two frozen pierogies because the box was taking up space in the freezer. I decided to add the pierogies into the soup. I put them in toward the end to keep them from getting too waterlogged.

I'm calling my creation "Chicken Noodle Surprise Soup" because you don't expect to find a pierogi in soup. Hey, it tasted great. After all, people put pasta and potatoes in soup all the time...just not in pierogi form. I offer my apologies to any pierogi purists who are appalled at my use of this tasty food in soup. My husband and I had a good time laughing about it. Next time, he just might look for the pierogi in the soup.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's creative - adding pierogis and the title. Sounds like a great soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I add them again, I guess it won't be a surprise. I'll have to change the name.

    ReplyDelete