Sunday, August 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I hear a faint rumbling coming from downstairs. It's the sound of a fierce battle being fought in a fictional world in an online game. A few months ago, that would have been going on just a few feet away from me in the same room of the apartment. But since my husband and I moved into our home, the gamer's computer and the writer's computer have been in two different rooms. Good thing, because it's hard to write with a monster popping up in my peripheral vision.

Hubby's headphones kept the sound from being an issue, but earplugs were at the ready if needed. We found earplugs to be very handy at the apartment, especially when the loud boys were partying in the apartment downstairs or when the neighbor two doors down was playing Rock Band. I wonder if he knew he couldn't sing?

No comments:

Post a Comment