Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yes, I'm going to comment about Michael Jackson.

Although much has been said about Michael Jackson since his recent death, I'm going to comment on it anyway. He was too big of a star to ignore.

I don't envy the life Michael Jackson had, but I do admire the impact he had on the world. As a performer and songwriter, he must have been gratified to know that what he created affected millions of people. Any artist or writer could appreciate that, but his achievements went beyond music and dance. He will also be remembered for kicking down racial barriers with style and setting records as a philanthropist.

"Making a difference" has become such a cliche that I hate to use the phrase. However, I think it's safe to say that many people's lives -- from aspiring artists to charity recipients to everyday people -- were enriched by the King of Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment