Thursday, July 16, 2009

Daughtry Delivers

I've been enjoying Daughtry's new CD. It's been playing nonstop in my car for a couple of days, and I've been driving a lot this week. The fact that I haven't ejected the CD yet should say something about how much I like "Leave This Town."

The CD has a good mix of rock songs and ballads, and this band can handle both types of songs. The hard-rocking start of the first song on the CD is a bit of a surprise, but the song backs down from that rough beginning. There's definitely some radio-friendly material on the CD. What kept coming to mind as I listened to it again was this: "Leave This Town" has ear-pleasing melodies, harmonies, guitar riffs and choruses, but Chris Daughtry's voice rises above it all. His voice is the reason I listen.

I've been a Chris Daughtry fan since he sang on "American Idol." I'm one of many who thought he should have won the title the year he competed. He gets the last laugh, though, with the great success he's found since his too-early dismissal.

No comments:

Post a Comment