Sunday, July 26, 2009

Trying to Find Myself... On Google

I heard somewhere that a job seeker should look up his or her name on Google to find out what a potential employer would see if he or she entered the job seeker's name. Typing my own name into a search engine felt a bit weird, but I did it anyway.

I discovered that there are a fair number of people out there with my name. Just to be clear, these are the ones who are not me: a high school PTO secretary/treasurer, an account manager at a company in Rhode Island, an actress in a 2007 movie, a travel agent in Canada, a runner on the East Coast, a presidential campaign contributor on the West Coast, a professor of criminal justice, and of course, the person who died in 1999. I hope that clears up any confusion.

1 comment:

  1. Great exercise, huh? Glad you cleared up any confusion we might have! I google myself periodically. I was thrilled to see some of my STC activities returned in the results.

    ReplyDelete