Saturday, July 25, 2009

Express Yourselves, Men!

Men who wonder why women are drawn to male singers don't understand something about women. It has to do with the feelings that many men are uncomfortable expressing. Those innermost thoughts and feelings are exactly what women want to hear about.

When a male singer (especially a singer-songwriter who writes the words himself) pours out his sentiments through song lyrics, women respond to it. If the lyrics are delivered in a genuine, heartfelt way, the effect is intensified. The vulnerability (which is probably what makes it scary for men) creates a connection between the singer and the listener.

I'm not suggesting that every guy out there should serenade his girl -- especially if he can't sing. Just a few words spoken from the heart will do.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. But since I can't sing a note, how about I just write it instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can play guitar and sing, but have a much easier time singing other people's songs than I do writing my own. Perhaps this is because of that vulnerability. The vast majority of my song-writing has been instrumental, I can't seem to create lyrics that don't make me cringe with embarrassment!

    ReplyDelete