Monday, October 26, 2009

What's the Secret Password?

Remember when you were a kid and the only time you needed a password was to get into your friend's treehouse? I miss those days.

I just got an error when signing into my blog because I mistakenly typed in the password I use for Facebook. To complicate things, I have several email addresses I use and I have to remember which email address I use for each account.

I tried to call the cell phone company today to ask about a mysterious charge that showed up on the bill, but they would not tell me anything without the password. Feeling like a 1950s housewife whose husband handled all the bills, I had to tell the lady I didn't know the password for the account. I told her I would call back later after getting the password from my husband. And I pay the bills. I feel so powerless. I can't get information about our account even though I have the bill in my hands. At least I know nobody else can add a bunch of phones to our account. If they did, I would really have questions about the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment