Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Key Clues

You can tell a few things about someone based on the number of keys on his keychain.

My key collection is simple right now, but it wasn't always that way. When we were living in an apartment in Ohio and selling our home in Pennsylvania, I had keys for both places, plus keys for a storage unit and a mailbox. When I was working, I had keys to the office and to the company's post office box.

At one of my newspaper jobs, I had a coveted key to the newsroom's front door. This allowed me to park on the well-lit street at night and enter through the front door instead of the back door.

Several car keys have come and gone from my keychain throughout the years, and my keychains have changed from the whimsical to the practical.

What do your keys and keychain say about you?

4 comments:

  1. The plethora of store discount cards on my keyring probably say more about me than anything (particularly the well worn Giant Eagle card). My library card is also bunched up with cards for CVS, AutoZone, and Ace Hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two separate sets of keys. My usual set in just my car keys and one of my Mom's storage locker keys in case she needs anything from it. The other has my church key and one of my Mom's home keys (In case of emergency). I also, still have my Mother-in-laws house key and one other that I've forgotten what is for but think it must be important if I still have it. We only have one house key so we have it hidden somewhere for whenever we need it. I guess I better make a couple copies, just in case. My husband on the other hand has so many keys I don't know how he keeps track of them all. I guess that's the cost of being a High School Maintenance Man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have added that my Mother-in-law passed away last year but she is still close at heart so I didn't want to remove her house key.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenn,
    No Porsche key?

    I didn't mention it in my blog post, but I have several store discount cards as well. Look how well the stores have trained us to carry them!

    Linda,
    I think having some copies of the house key is a good idea. Otherwise, you may find yourself breaking into your own house someday if you can't find the key!

    ReplyDelete