Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pancakes for Dinner

I love breakfast, especially pancakes. I'm one of those people who can eat breakfast for dinner, which is why I love restaurants that serve breakfast anytime.

On the way back from a recent day trip, my hubby and I stopped at an IHOP for dinner. We were pretty sure which highway exit the restaurant was near, and were happy to find it where we remembered it to be. I had pumpkin pancakes and my hubby had eggnog pancakes. Both of these unusual flavors get high marks from me.

So now I'm on a mission to find the closest IHOP. Well, it looks like there's one 17 or 18 miles away, depending on which direction we want to go. Yes, I would drive 17 miles to get to an IHOP. You can't beat a good pancake.

6 comments:

  1. Aww, bummer. Even though we get TV ads for IHOP, the closest one 64 miles from us. Boohoo. I love pancakes any time of the day. Well, at least we have a Bob Evans that's not too far away. That is if we ever get to go. I think I saw some recipes for both eggnog pancakes and pumpkin pancakes in one of my cookbooks. Guess I'll have to settle for those. Thanks for making me hungry, Jane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely put that in the memory banks, Jane, and now that you're working only about three miles away from an IHOP (near the former Severance Center shopping mall) we'll be sure to visit there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    Bob Evans makes great pancakes too. Does that make you feel better?

    John,
    I can't believe my desk is three miles from an IHOP. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, It does. Thanks for being so understanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are NOT having pancakes for Thanksgiving, just forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve,
    Thanksgiving dinner was great...even without pancakes.

    ReplyDelete