Friday, November 6, 2009

Going Back to Work

As you may have heard, I've found a job and I'm going back to work. Woo hoo!

It wasn't my intention to neglect this blog over the past two days, but I've been inundated with good wishes from more people than I ever expected.

The network of people I've come to know turned out in full force to congratulate me via email or social networking sites. Many people I don't know have wished me well too. They felt a kinship with me simply by being in the same unemployment boat.

Job seekers have thanked me for sharing the story about how I found a job. Several have told me it gave them the encouragement they needed to keep searching. I think this line hit home for a lot of people: "The disappointments and dead ends are just steps along the twisty path to employment."

I feel very fortunate to have found a job that I think I will really like, but the truth is, I've been blessed throughout the entire transition. I have had the support of my husband, family and friends (old and new) the whole time. Thanks, everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Again, congratulations, Jane. Among my many hopes for you is that the past several months have also impressed on you the power and value of a strong professional network, and that you'll continue to feed it now that you're moving into another phase of your career, and one with less extra time than you've had recently. Stay in touch with that network and continue to grow it and add value to it. It will help you in all kinds of ways, even though you need different kinds of help now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John. And thanks for helping me grow that all-important network.

    ReplyDelete