Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Must Really Be Stumped for a Blog Topic if I'm Writing About Football

It's fall and everyone seems to be in a frenzy about football. Around here, people are nuts for Ohio State. They have OSU flags in their yards, for Pete's sake. I don't think I've ever lived in a place more gung-ho about a college team. If I knew someone on the team, I might be able to get a little bit interested.

It can be tough living in Browns territory. Some of the cashiers at the grocery store don't want to touch the environment-friendly Steelers bags that my husband bought. Seriously. I actually encountered a male cashier who intentionally used all the generic bags in order to avoid dealing with the Steelers ones.

2 comments:

  1. It could be worse, Jane. A friend who's a Cleveland native and who just moved to Columbus was telling me the other day about what it's like to be in the heart of Buckeye Nation. Obnoxious would pretty well cover it.

    ReplyDelete