Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cool Things That Happened Before My Time

While I fully appreciate the modern conveniences that are part of life in the present day, I think it's fun to wonder what it would have been like to live during a different time. Here are some things that would have been cool to witness or experience firsthand:

  • Watching one of Shakespeare's plays being performed for the first time
  • Riding in an original Ford Model T
  • Seeing one of the first movies to have sound added
  • Buying an "Extra, Extra" edition of a newspaper from a newsboy
  • Attending a formal ball while wearing an amazing gown
  • Rejoicing in the news that World War II was over

Please feel free to add to my list by making a comment.

2 comments:

  1. To be present for Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. Of course, you knew I would choose such an event. Another fun thing would have been to be able to wear the fancy Victorian style clothes. I especially love the over-the-top frilly hats.

    ReplyDelete